Liberal
I think I am defidently the liberal one of the family, but my beliefs and thoughts aren't bad, just different. I love the way I think, why can't anyone respect that? Some things are just pissing me off about my parents and family.
First of all, I have missed church two Sundays in a row, I went to church this Sunday by my self (cause I don't want to go to early if I don't have to) and my dad yells out in the parking lots "Yea, my daughters at church", ok if I would have done that to him he would have been pissed, I just rolled my eyes and went into church. Then he brings it up at lunch with the whole family there, and my come back was "I don't think you should be forced to go to church, and its not like I love God less because I happened to miss two church services". Which lead to my uncle and dad going off about something and I just walked out of the room before I ended up saying stuff that would embarrass them.
Next, after the whole "being a good Christian" the talk of the table turned to property distruction in the neighborhood and the blame went to the Katrina victims, no let me restate that the black Katrina victims who are taking residents in the apartments. Ok we have had problems in our neighborhood before, it usually is kids, so why state or blame something on people you know nothing about, and sterotyping people into a category, because that really seems Christian to me. Now I know that I have made remarks in the past and will continue to make remarks that are not good, but at least I think of myself as being open-minded and listening to other's comments and not shooting them down for their beliefs on that situation.
For example, I believe that there is something higher than a soul. I just can't grasp the fact that God made creatures and disposes of them. Before sin everyone automatically went to heaven. After sin we had a choice and if we have faith our soul goes to heaven. Would if there is something more out there that isn't talked about? Would if that something is in things that don't have a choice, such as all of his other creations other than man. So, my belief is that animals do go to heaven, if there are streets of gold and mansions, then why not animals, things we loved. This in no way shape or form makes me less of a Christian, after all we won't know a lot of things until we get to heaven and when we get there we won't care because sadness won't be present. So, why try to knock someone down for having a thought like that? Do you know? Are you higher than God? No, so if it doesn't hurt my faith and truthfully makes me think of God as a compassionate loving God, then what is the problem? Just keep mouth shut in trying to be "all holy" it is just making you look stupid and like some sort of bible beater that turns people away.
I am just getting irritated at certain situations. I want kids, I want to adopt children, I truthfully don't know what will happen later on in my life, I am not even close to that point. However, I have always wanted to adopt children from differen nations and colors. I don't see a problem with this, but I keep hearing the statement "you have to think of the children, other children can be mean". Bull Crap. I cannot a type when I was playing with my friends and I thought to myself "oh this is a black kid I am playing with". Children don't see color their parents do and talk about it and engrain stuff on the children's mind. I want my children, adopted or natural, to not associate people with the color of their skin. What is the problem in that? Secondly I am giving a home and faith to someone who otherwise would not have a good life, again what's the problem in that? I don't if I really am going to do this, but it is a thought in the back of my mind. Love is love, I will fall in love and marry who ever my heart falls in love with, my only sitipulation is they have to be a Christian, after all I want that love to be eternal.
Anyway this is just me getting some anger off my chest. I am just tired of close minded people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home