It's All About Me!

Have fun and laugh!

Friday, November 05, 2010

Been A While, But Let's Catch Up!

So I thought I would start up writing again, if nothing else it is a great release!

To sum up my life after two years....

First, the governmental merge happened, we lost some great people but also gained some great people, and I got a promotion to Accountant II (even though I seem to be doing the same work as before). There has been some serious struggles with the changes, but at least I am enjoying my department team.

Second, I FINALLY GRADUATED WITH MY MASTERS!! I never thought I would finish, when they let me know I would not have to do my capstone paper because the changes made to the program I was sooooooooo happy. Anyway I re-took the class I had an Incomplete in and finally received that little piece of paper that tells me I am smarter.

Third, one of the struggles with the merge caused some personal struggles, so I had to move out of my apartment. But I moved in with a co-worker/friend and her husband and child. Truthfully I was worried about it, but it has turned out to be so much fun. Loving my roomies.

Fourth, I finally got a dog! The fish I had in the apartment wasn't cutting it and died shortly after the move. My little baby boy is a dachshund whom I adopted and named Monty Python. All I can say is BEST DOG EVER! I was worried because 1.) I was adopting and didn't know the background of the dog 2.) I was adopting a dachshund and if any of you are dachshund owners you know their temperament can be iffy. He is awesome though, laid back and loving toward everything!

Fifth, still single and chubby but working on the chubby part. Started working out because of my brother and also just received a bicycle for my Christmas present. Actually really excited about the bike, I have been slacking off this week with going to 24 Hour Fitness, but hope to get back on that wagon!

Finally, the most exciting and bestest thing ever. I am an Aunt! Auntie Dawn to be exact. Kyle and Kendell were blessed with the adoption of a little boy, Asher Gabriel, back in March of 2009. He is a cute little ginger who has got that red-head feisty attitude. Love that little toot. To make things more awesome, Kyle & Kendell have been meeting up with the adoption agency just to talk, so I may be an Auntie 2x (Pat & Sarah aren't planning any soon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home