It's All About Me!

Have fun and laugh!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I am the bug lady!

OK do you notice how there is something about every person that connects them to nature in some disgusting way. For example every time one of my friends looks at a cow, or any livestock (mainly cows though), the cow seems to take a crap in front of her. By the way this picture is for you. I took it at the Abilene Zoo, you know the one I got to feed the animals and received tongue (on my hand) from a giraffe, the most action I have gotten in a while. That was literally the smallest but best zoo I have ever been to.
In fact most people would think that this picture is funny and how they might get some cool shrewms later. So why is she so terrified of cows, the same reason why I am terrified of bugs. I am the bug lady! Everytime I go outside there is a bug that lands, fly on, or bites me in some way. This morning I get up early and go to work and before getting in the car a giant moth swoops down and hits me in the neck. As I frantically shake my blouse and pray it didn't go down my chest (if they go down then they will either be crushed inside or pop up later unexpectingly tickling) I think to myself, "Why are bugs always flying into me like that?" Then I remember several of my most tramatic experiences with bugs. The one time my dad set a tent in the middle of an ant pile and while sleeping, dreaming of what I though were fleas biting me, I wake up realizing my skin is crawling with ants (needless to say the next morning I looked as if I had the chicken pox). Then there was a time when I got out of the car on one of the church's "Survivor" camps and the first thing that happens, I swallow a bug. Not to mintion the countless times roaches and beatles seem to crawl up, land, or fly straight for my face. I am not even going to mention why I am terrified of Horseflies. I am not a dirty person, well at least my body isn't, my mind is another story. So is there some scent people seem to give out that attracts bugs to them? Or do this episodes happen only after I take a shower. If that is the case then too bad I will live with the bugs. So, is it the fact that when this random act of nature doesn't become so random anymore that it bothers us? Or is it the fact that it doesn't happen enough? For example I don't see any farmers get disgusted when a cow poops. But no matter how many times a harmless moth flies in my face I will probably freak out a little. But on the other hand it seems as if I am a little less freaked out when I am expecting this situation to come up. So, then is it just the unexpected that scares us? I guess this is just one of the answers I will learn later in life, and hope that I am not allergic to bugs in the process.

3 Comments:

At 9/9/05 10:22 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Why would you take a picture of an animal taking a dump at the zoo? If you thought the aforementioned zoo was pretty, you could have shown us some of the nicer pictures instead of the kind of action I see happen every day on my way to and from work! :)

You're so funny! That's why we love you!

 
At 9/9/05 8:04 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

Ha!!! It's taking a crap...I appreciate the picture.:) Bug Lady! HA!

 
At 13/9/05 3:04 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Yesterday on my way home from school, I drove past a cow in pond. Drinking from and peeing into the same pond. I wish I'd had a camera, because it's the picture for "What goes in, must come out."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home