It's All About Me!

Have fun and laugh!

Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm a teacher, kinda!

Ok well I don't have a teaching certificate or anything but I can officially be a substitute teacher in Conroe ISD, Yea! "Money, Money, Money by the pound!"(Quote by Disney's Pete's Dragon). So because I am so excited about being able to work, this page is dedicated to the real teachers out there and here are some great quotes that show just how important you are to the world. Enjoy!

The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called "truth." ~Dan Rather

In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years. ~Jacques Barzun

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~Author Unknown

A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. ~Henry Brooks Adams

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others. ~Author Unknown

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward

What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches. ~Karl Menninger

Teaching should be full of ideas instead of stuffed with facts. ~Author Unknown

Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures. ~Eugene P. Bertin

1 Comments:

At 26/8/05 6:01 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

YAY!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy, very very happy!!! :) YAY!!!! Congrats you to...and a word of warning to all your future kiddos! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home